The National Public Health Organization, in its daily bulletin on novel coronavirus infections, confirmed the following numbers on Tuesday:
– 2,199 new cases, 25 of which were identified at entry points to the country
– 107,470 total cases, of which 4,919 are linked to travel abroad and 28,590 to already known cases
– 596 intubated patients in hospitals. Their median age is 65, 75.8 pct have an underlying condition or are over 70 years old, and 167 are women
– 597 have been discharged from ICUs since the start of the pandemic in Greece
– 111 have died in the last 24 hours, with the total standing now at 2,517 since the first outbreak. The median age of all was 80 years and 96.6 pct had an underlying condition and/or were aged 70 or more. Of the deceased, 1,021 were women.