Eurobank sells 80% of merchant acquiring activities to Worldline B.V.

Eurobank, one of Greece’s four systemic banks, this week announced an agreement with Worldline B.V. to sell-off 80 percent of its merchant acquiring activities (PayCo) to the latter, with Eurobank retaining the remaining 20 percent.

Eurobank’s share as one of the main acquirers in Greece is at roughly 20 percent.

“The agreement we reached with Worldline regarding cards acquiring business is fully in line with our strategic plan to focus on our core activities, while further strengthening our capital base. Our clients will benefit from a prime customer experience in a secure transaction environment, provided by a world leader in payment services with the global reach and the cutting-edge digital capabilities required in a fast-moving, tech-driven sector,” Eurobank CEO Fokion Karavias said.