Registered unemployment down in September

Registered unemployment eased to 935,301 persons in September, of which 574,262 (61.40%) were long-term unemployed. Men accounted for 34.36% of registered unemployment with women for the remaining 65.64%, Manpower Employment Organization said on Wednesday.

The number of registered unemployed people not seeking jobs totaled 11,991 in September, of which 35.39% were men and 64.61% women.

The number of people receiving unemployment benefit was 137,197 in September. Registered unemployment was down 4.96% compared with August 2021, while in comparison with September 2020, registered unemployment was down 8.07%.