Shopping malls, discount and outlet villages will open for business on Monday, the Development & Investments Ministry announced on Saturday, and so will zoos and botanical gardens.
Additionally, establishments related to pet training and hunting supplies will also open on Monday and so will beauty salons and diet centers, and the outlets of companies specializing in wedding, baptism and funeral decorations.
The ministry clarified that the use of escalators in shopping malls is only allowed to the disabled and the elderly, and only at 40 pct capacity in all other cases.
Face masks should be worn by all employees and customers alike, while a 1.5 meters distance should be observed among all peopel, everywhere and at any time.
ALso the government on Saturday decided to have restaurants and cafes open for business on May 25, following the positive recommendation of the Infectious Diseases Committee at the Health Ministry.
Deputy Development and Investment Minister Nikos Papathanassis announced on Sunday evening the rules under which that cafes, bars and restaurants will open again during the 4. phase of lockdown easing on May 25, 2020.
General rules are that facilities are allowed to open both outdoors or indoor spaces under certain conditions.
One customer per 2 square meters is allowed.
Maximum number of people at tables is set to 6 – or more for families with minor children.
According to state-run news agency amna, the specific rules for cafes, bars and restaurants are:
– The current ratio is one customer per two sq.m. total useful allowable operating area.
– The total allowable operating area results from the sum of the area of the outdoor area and the internal semi-outdoor area, mainly space.
– The outdoor surface is the area of the surface outside the physical store while the inner semi-outdoor surface is the surface inside the store where table seats can be developed.
– The possibility of using the internal semi-outdoor surface arises when there is a side or sides of the space with an opening in contact with an outdoor space or patio.
– Depending on the opening of the side, the space can be used in depth at a rate of 80% to 160% of the width of the opening.
– Minimum distance between the tables according to the arrangement of the seats is set from 0.70 cm to 170 cm.
– Maximum number of people allowed to sit at a table is six (6). There is no limit in the case of a family with minor children.
Finally, depending on the job of the staff, there is an obligation to use a mask or face shield, while a recommendation also applies to customers.
The opening of these businesses comes one week earlier than the scheduled June 1.
Meanwhile, churches in Greece opened their doors to the faithful for Divine Liturgy on Sunday, after being closed for two months because of the coronavirus threat.
However, each church’s operation will be accompanied by the observance of the required health protection measures, the first being that all churches should provide antiseptic to attendees before they enter the church and sanitize surfaces frequently and meticulously.
According to the measures set by the Permanent Holy Synod of the Church of Greece, the attendance of the faithful in the places of worship is on the conditions set by the special scientific committee for the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure the safety of the public.
The measures that will apply at least until June 5 require that the maximum number of people allowed will be determined by the ratio of one person per 10 sq.m. (107.64 sq. ft.) So, for example, in a space of worship of 300 sq.m. (3.229 sq. ft.), the maximum number of people allowed will be 30.